Cassandra Oil was established in 2011 to industrialise and commercialise a patented and scalable reactor technology for chemical recycling of hydrocarbon-based waste and production of oil, through its own business or in partnership with others. Cassandra Oil's technology will contribute to more sustainable waste recycling and the circular economy.
The CASO tchnology enables oil extraction from materials containing hydrocarbons, such as discarded car tires, plastic waste, oil sludge, waste oil and, in the future, oil sands, oil shale and electronic waste. The supply of raw materials is considered to be almost inexhaustible.
The recovered oil hold REACH registration and can be sold to refinaries or directly to energy-intensive industries, as well as used for production of oil-based products such as new plastic, tyres or diesel. Cassandra Oil aim to be an important link in the global circular economy.
A key strategy for Cassandra Oil is to guarantee the supply of materials by establishing long-term contracts with partners in the waste management industry and the oil industry.
Competitive edge technology
Cassandra Oil's operations are based on a patented reactor technology that utilises cracking methods to break the hydrocarbon chains and thereby create light fractions of oil from waste. This technology offers a number of advantages;
- One of few viable alternative to incineration and landfill
- High level of efficiency (near 90%)
- It is possible to produce oil from many types of waste containing hydrocarbons without needing to sort or separate the materials
- Low energy consumption
- Environmentally friendly process with minimal emisssion of bi-products
- Continuous process with low amount of material inside the reactor at any given time leading to a safer operation environment
- Fast pyrolysis results in a high and even quality oil and a very finely grinded carbon black (rCB)